Working With Us
There are many great reasons for working at Harris Rainham Sixth Form and we are always on the lookout for ambitious and dedicated practitioners who are looking to become part of our dedicated and committed team.
We are a brand new sixth form within the Harris Federation, opening in September 2023. Our staff strive for greatness and are reflective practitioners, committed to enhancing the life chances of our sixth formers and supporting them to become more than what they thought was possible.
- Are interested in being good, not looking good
- Believe in high challenge and high support
- Are committed to make a difference to our students
- Value high quality relationships
- Are driven by what they love
Visit the Harris Careers website.
Do you share these values?
We are driven by our values and seek to create an ambitious and academic sixth form where students are committed to gain knowledge and experiences which transform their lives and the lives other others, while reaching any university destination or career pathway that they desire.
- We uphold important traditions and high standards.
- We expect our sixth formers to work hard in all that they do.
- We expect our sixth formers to behave impeccably and show scholarly conduct so that we have focused and academic classrooms and professional and calm corridors and breakout spaces.
- We have high standards regarding attendance, punctuality, private study and equipment because we believe education changes lives, and not a minute can be wasted.
- We expect our students to adopt and master effective and productive habits which can serve them in their future careers.
- We believe in respect, authority and personal responsibility; our staff hold students accountable so that they can have every chance of success and strive for greatness.
- We believe all our students should belong to a caring community and want our students to feel happy, safe and empowered.
- Our sixth form is a place where diversity is celebrated and students are encouraged to question the world around them to seek truth and become compassionate and curious members of society.
Benefits of working at Harris Rainham Sixth Form include:
- Early finish for staff and pupils on a Friday (1:40pm)
- An additional second week half term off in October
- Fully funded CPD opportunities including NPQ and Masters courses
- Sensible marking policies with no routine marking out of lesson time
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free healthcare plan
- Harris Performance and loyalty bonuses each year
- A brand new, state-of-the-art sixth form building