Our high standards in our dress code reflect our high standards in all aspects of student life.
The dress code is designed to be smart, affordable and inclusive. Students are encouraged to contact their head of year for advice/or financial assistance if required.
Students and staff should wear clothes which project professionalism. Students should wear a combination of the following formal dress items:
Students are expected to wear one of the following:
- Formal business suit with blazer, shirt, tie, and formal trousers
- Formal business dress with blazer (dress must have sleeves which cover at least the top quarter of the arm)
- Formal business blouse with blazer with formal trousers or formal skirts (skirts must be at least to the knee)
All students should wear formal shoes (you must be able to polish them).
Identity cards with academy lanyards must be worn and visible.
Physical Education, Performing Arts and students of other specialist qualifications are expected to conform to the individual expectations of that subject.
Visible body piercing is restricted to a small stud in the ear lobes.
The following are not permitted:
- Casual style dresses such as those with a vest style top, very thin straps and strapless style top
- Jumpers - apart from plain jumpers under the blazer
- Denim/jeans trousers, shirts, blouses or skirts
- Studs on trousers, skirts or shirts/blouses
- Casual trousers – combats, track suits, leggings
- Casual tops – track suits, fleeces, T-shirts, hooded tops, vest tops
- Shorts, trousers made of stretchy legging-type material
- Trainers, pumps or canvas shoes
- Gloves, scarves, hats, caps or bandannas
- Clothing made of sheer/transparent materials or any other extreme or inappropriate clothing or make up
Harris Rainham sixth form is sensitive to the needs of different cultures, races and religions and will act reasonably in accommodating these needs.
In the event of any transgression, students will be reminded of the dress code expectations. If a student is unwilling to address any dress code issues they will be dealt with under our behaviour policy.